IN TUNES WITH THE FUTRE...NOW!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam.

Mark Lifman murder: Call for a ban on media photographers

The two men accused of murdering alleged underworld kingpin Mark Lifman will have to wait another month before their bail hearings are heard at the George Magistrate’s Court. The postponement was announced on Wednesday morning, following the second appearance of Johann Jacobs and Gert Bezuidenhout, who face charges of murder after a high-profile hit at Garden Route Mall. The duo, both private security guards, were arrested near Uniondale on November 3, shortly after Lifman was shot multiple times and left to die in the mall parking lot. Lifman, who was embroiled in the murder trial of steroid king Brian Wainstein, was allegedly targeted in a planned assassination. Authorities quickly traced a white VW Golf used by the suspects after the shooting.

On Wednesday, Jacobs and Bezuidenhout appeared in court dressed in K-Way hoodies, under heavy security. SAPS Riot Police were seen blocking the courtroom entrances as the proceedings got underway. During the session, the State prosecutor informed the magistrate that the identity parades had not yet been completed. As a result, they requested that media photographers be banned until this process was finished. Defence attorney Bulelani Bans, who officially took on the case for the accused, confirmed he had consulted with their families. The court also learned that an advocate from the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions would be assigned to the case. Legal teams requested a postponement until December, and the magistrate agreed, setting the formal bail hearings for December 12 and 13.

More updates on this case are expected in the coming weeks, as investigations continue into the circumstances surrounding Lifman’s murder and the alleged hitmen’s involvement.

Don’t Look Away: Man behind bars after he allegedly battered his dad, mom and sister to death with knobkerrie

The Kgomotso Periodical Court in North West has postponed the case against 33-year-old Olebogeng Mampe Kale who is charged for the brutal murder of three people. North West spokesperson for the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA), Sivenathi Gunya said the case against Kale was postponed to December 23 for further investigations. Gunya said Kale has elected to abandon his bail application when he appeared in court on Monday. “The charges emanate from the gruesome act that occurred on the evening of November 15 in Shaleng village. Investigations revealed that members of the family were inside their shack, sitting around the coffee table when the accused entered and struck his father Mosimanegape Kale, 74, over the head with a knobkerrie,” said Gunya.

Subsequently, Olebogeng allegedly assaulted his mother Phodisho Kale, 68, and 27-year-old sister Bonolo Kale with the same knobkerrie. Suspect arrested in North West after allegedly killing three family members with knobkerrie, Police arrest sister and daughter of Limpopo cop linked to six murders and R10 million insurance fraud,‘Without any argument’: Man on the run after he shot and killed his brother at close range, Woman sentenced to 15 years in jail for brutal murder of her twin sister, chopping her body with an axe, Olebogeng allegedly struck the women over their heads before he fled the scene. “All three victims were declared dead on the scene. The accused was apprehended by the police on Saturday, November 16, 2024,” said Gunya.

Olebogeng was remanded in custody until the next court appearance in December. Previously, police in North West said some family members who were in the room managed to escape the rampage by leaping through the window. They ran to neighbours for help. After Olebogeng’s arrest, provincial police commissioner in North West, Lieutenant General Sello Kwena condemned the brutal murder, but thanked the community members for their “assistance and commitment” which led to the arrest. The commissioner said police would work hard to ensure a successful prosecution of the alleged killer.